The Women’s Ministry at Lakeview is open to all women: members, regular attenders, and those visiting. Our local ministry is part of the larger Women’s Ministry within the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA).
Theme for 2017 – 2018: God our Help
What is its overall purpose?
The Women’s Ministry was established “that every woman know Christ personally and be committed to extending His Kingdom in her life, home, church, community and throughout the world.”
How does that fit in here at Lakeview?
The Women’s Ministry at Lakeview has developed its programs and ministries to fit in with the mission statement of Lakeview. Our Women’s Ministry exists to gather women into our covenant community and to perfect them in the love of Christ through discipleship, evangelism, missions and mercy.
What activities does the Women’s Ministry at Lakeview sponsor?
- LIFT (Ladies in Faith Together): These gatherings are open to all the women in the church. Everyone is encouraged to bring a friend as we enjoy a time of prayer, fellowship and growing in Christ together. These are generally held on the 3rd Saturday of each month (9:30-11:30 am).
- Breaking Bread, Binding Hearts: A time for ladies to gather for dinner and rich fellowship, held the first Friday evening of each month in someone’s home.
- Women’s Morning Bible Study: Thursday morning at the church (9:30-11:30 am). Currently studying the book of Joshua.
- Women’s Evening Bible Study: Please contact us for more details.
- Some of the other Women’s Ministry-Sponsored Events: Women’s Retreat, Rummage Sale, Bridal/Baby Showers, Presbytery-Wide Meetings, and Helping/Coordinating various church-wide Special Events.
Please join us! For coming events, see the church calendar.